Recruiting season, application season, reviewing season, and interviewing season flew by this year. It’s already June, and we’ve (after many, many hours of vetting and debating) selected twelve startups for our fifth accelerator class. The program begins on June 25th, but the teams have already started to trickle in. While we would love to share the ideas with you, we can’t just yet!
We promise you’ll hear more about the teams and their startups soon. In the meantime, here’s some stats about the applicants and the incoming class:
- This was our largest number of applicants in five classes.
- We had applicants from 58 countries— the most ever.
- We had applicants from 33 states.
- Over half of the out of town finalists flew to Cincinnati for their interview. That’s dedication!
- The 2014 class includes four Ohio companies.
- The other states represented in the class are California, New York, South Carolina, Mississippi, Massachusetts, Texas, and Illinois. We have one international company, hailing from Argentina.
- The 2014 class has an average age of 28.
- The biggest age difference in the class is 24 years, with the youngest founder being 19 and the oldest (wisest) being 43.
Follow the hashtag #Brandery2014 for updates from the companies and for more fun facts from us. If you’d like to help us welcome the teams to Cincinnati, send us a note. We would love your help in convincing them how great Cincinnati is.
Want to get access to the same resources as The Brandery companies? Register for Cincinnati Startup Day on June 14th.